We hope you and your family have been safe and healthy during the COVID-19 crisis. As we move to adapt and respond to our new way of life, we want you to know that we’re here to help you and your smile stay healthy. We’ve missed seeing each and every one of our patients at the office during our closure. Reopening our dental office to serve our Tinley Park community is what we’ve been waiting eagerly and patiently for since we had to close our doors months ago.
Procedures and practices around the office might look a little different now, but please know the same friendly faces you know and trust are here for you now more than ever.
Pre-Screening Before Your Appointment
Due to certain guidelines set forth by both the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the American Dental Association, we’ve had to adapt how we do business, and it’s all because we want to take every precaution possible to keep you and your family safe.
We’ve started a pre-screening process prior to your appointment. We now politely ask that you:
- Remain in your vehicle upon arrival at our dental office in Tinley Park.
- Call us to let us know you’re outside.
- A Downtown Tinley Dental employee will come to your vehicle (with face covering) and perform a COVID-19 screening on you, asking questions about travel, symptoms, and possible exposure.
- Your personal Downtown Tinley Dental provider will then check your temperature while maintaining good social distancing habits.
- We’ll also ask that you complete a COVID screening acknowledgment form and provide a signature.
- Once your form is signed, we’ll ask that you wear your face covering from your vehicle as we personally escort you directly to the treatment chair.
Sterilization and Disinfection
At Downtown Tinley Dental, we’re proud to have continuously maintained meticulous sterilization methods that meet and exceed the regularly recommended guidelines. We’ll continue to do so before and after every single patient appointment to better protect patients like you.
We execute the OSHA-approved spray/wipe/spray protocol to disinfect our operatory rooms. Disposable barriers are used on all frequently touched surfaces. Sterilization is maintained and tested regularly to make sure that our office environment is safe and sterile.
A Different Look Than Usual
Because of all of the changes that have come out of the COVID-19 crisis, you will see your favorite Downtown Tinley Dental staff member wearing additional personal protective equipment or PPE. In addition to what we have always worn to properly protect ourselves and our patients from infection, you’ll see us wearing face masks (N95) or face shields.
Please allow for a slightly longer than normal appointment time for the immediate future. Appointments may run longer to allow for the additional protective measures to be executed properly and to allow for social distancing at all times.
We appreciate your continued patience and support during these trying times. We hope that you and your family stay safe and healthy. If you have any questions or feel concerned about coming to the office, we hope that you’ll reach out to us online or give us a call at (708) 532-0091. We’re happy to talk with you about our special sterilization methods that are now in place at Downtown Tinley Dental.